Dveloping Forage-plus-Grain Winter Wheat Production System for Northern Areas.
PI: Dr.Iftikhar Hussain Khalil
US Collaborators: Prof Dr Brett Carver and Prof Dr Arthur Klatt
Plant and Soil Science Department
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, USA.
Funding Agency: Pakistan Agricultural Research Council (PARC),
Islamabad, under the Agricultural Linkages Program.
• Organized National Seminar “Technological Interventions for Food & Environment Security” Jun 28-July 02, 2010 at Bara Gali, Abbottabad.
• Teacher of the Year 2004-05 Award, Plant Breeders Society, Agricultural University, Peshawar.
• Research Productivity Allowance (2003-2004). Pakistan Council for Science and Technology (Ministry of Science and Technology), Islambad.
• Sitlington Scholar Award. 1998-2000. College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources, Oklahoma State University, USA.
• Jerry Grant Graduate Award. 1999-2000. College of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources, Oklahoma State University, USA.
• Dale Weibel Graduate Award. 1998-1999. Department of Plant & Soil Sciences, Oklahoma State University, USA.
• Certificate of Achievement from USAID Academy for Educational Development, Islamabad for obtaining the highest TOEFL score. 1990.
• First Position in Plant Breeding & Genetics Department of Agricultural University, Peshawar in M.Sc. (Hons) in 1988.
• First Position in Plant Breeding & Genetics Department, and 3rd in Agricultural University, Peshawar in B.Sc. (Hons) in 1986.
• First Position in Islamia Collegiate School in Secondary School Certificate Examination in 1979.