Agricultural Innovation Program for Pakistan
MS Degrees at US Land Grant Universities
Overseas Scholarships: Fall 2014
Download Complete Advertisement
Applications are invited from outstanding Pakistani/AJK nationals for the award of 9 MS scholarships funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) under the auspices of the Agricultural Innovation Program (AIP). Successful candidates will be trained at a selected US Land Grant University in partnership with a Pakistani University or research center.
- Must be a Pakistani/ AJK national.
- Applicants must have minimum of 16 years of education in Agricultural Sciences
- Maximum age on Closing Date should not be more than 30 years
- Applicants need to have minimum cumulative 50% academic marks as per HEC-AEF format http://www.hec.gov.pk/
- Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship.
- Applicants must conduct work/activities in one of the following thematic areas: Livestock, Vegetables, Wheat, Maize, Rice, or Tree crops.
The following documents are required to be submitted as electronic copies (PDF) to this address: https://aipscholarship.ucdavis.edu. Candidates will be required to log in and establish user account.
- Application Form
- Attested copies of all educational testimonials including CNIC and domicile
- One-page Statement of purpose
- One-page research proposal
- Names and contact information of three references
Complete application forms and supporting materials, must be received by close of business, Pakistan time on 15 February 2014 at the URL shown below. The entire process is online and hard copies of materials will not be accepted.
- Scholarships will be awarded on open merit from students at Pakistani partner Agricultural Universities and from others who meet the eligibility criteria, for example: University of Agriculture Faisalabad, The University of Agriculture Peshawar , Sindh Agriculture University Tandojam, PMAS Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi, Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences, Nawaz Sharif University of Agriculture, Multan, Agriculture College Baluchistan.
- Funding will be provided for a maximum period of 2 years
- Awardees will be required to execute a bond to serve in Pakistan for three years after completion of study.
- Incomplete or applications received after due date (15 February 2014) will not be entertained
- The short listed in-service candidates will have to provide NOC from their departments.
- Short listed candidates will, in most instances, be required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and submit a score of at least 70%, and also the TOEFL examination with a score of 500 or IELTS score of 5.5 or above. Successful candidates will be reimbursed for GRE/TOEFL/IELTS examination costs. . All official scores should be sent to - AIP scholarships, College of Agriculture and Environmental Science, International Programs, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 96516, USA.
- The candidates must have acquired the requisite qualification on or before the closing date
- Candidates having foreign degrees (including O & A levels) must submit their equivalence certificate from HEC/IBCC
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply; if the pool of qualified students is sufficient, we are aiming for close to half of the students to be female.
- Those holding dual citizenship or a US green card/permanent resident card are not eligible to apply.
- The final candidates will be selected by the AIP-HRD Committee
- Selected candidate's dossiers will then be submitted to a USA Land Grant University to be considered for admission. Note that being selected by the AIP-HRD committee is not a guarantee of admission into a Land Grant University because each candidate must meet their admission criteria as well as those of the AIP-HRD committee. Note also that selected candidates may suggest a preferred LGU, but the final determination will depend on research topic and availability of faculty sponsors.
Submit electronic copies to: https://aipscholarship.ucdavis.edu
NOTE: Hard copies of documents will not be accepted. Candidates should scan and save all documents in PDF format and then download to the URL.
These scholarships are made possible by the support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
For more information contact
Prof. Dr. Fida Mohammad
Chairman, Deptt. of Plant Breeding & Genetics
Tel. Office: +92 91 9216290